Jasmine, Jamal, and Janet all decided to return to school for different reasons and to accomplish different goals; as such, they each have different motivations, and the same is true for all of us. Motivation is a funny thing; we need it to succeed in just about everything we do, but we can lose it all too easily. Think back to when you first considered the idea of pursuing your college degree and what motivated you to begin this exciting journey. Where do you see yourself after graduation? What is YOUR “big picture”?
Let’s spend some time talking together about what your big picture is. When you have a tough day balancing school with life, it helps to think about your big picture and what brought you to CTU in the first place.
Mary is a nursing assistant who has worked at a hospital for 5 years. She has watched leaders come and go and believes she has what it takes to lead change at her hospital. Her big picture involves getting a degree in health care management so she can be involved in decisions. Although Mary doesn’t share her big picture with coworkers, she really sees herself running the hospital someday. When Mary is tired and unmotivated to do her coursework, she looks around at work and remembers why she went back to school. She knows she will make a great leader!
Dwayne is a server at a local diner. It helps him pay the bills but nothing more. He has always been a whiz at computers. He loves fixing computers for his friends and family but wants to learn about programming. Dwayne’s brother does computer programming for a government organization in Washington, D.C. Dwayne sees how successful his brother is with computer programming, and he wants to get a similar job. His big picture also includes him opening up a computer fix-it store so he can get paid for doing something he loves.
Olivia’s big picture involves law enforcement. Her father was a police officer, and Olivia has wanted to be an officer since she was a little girl. Olivia decided to get a degree in Criminal Justice to help advance her career. She knows that she will be better equipped to provide for her family if she gets her degree. She sees herself as the Chief of Police, just like her father. She has been focused on her big picture since she was 8 years old.
Post a Primary Discussion Response by addressing the following questions:
Describe your big picture. Be as detailed as possible.
What will your life look like when you are successful in your new career (e.g., new car, vacations, no worry about bills)?
What are 1–2 practical strategies you can employ to stay motivated even when you face challenges?
Here are 3 resources you can check out if you need help:
How to Stay Motivated in College
Tips for Staying Motivated
Staying Motivated When Studying
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.