Descriptioncompare and contrast these 2 ideas 1-idea The ethical cases arising from her wish to quicken her death after being diagnosed with Dementia include; interfering with a cognitive person’s ability to make decisions and Caregivers leaving their patients to die. Though Margaret was diagnosed with Dementia, the judge argued that the fact she could open her mouth to accept food shows that her cognitive abilities were still functioning and that her ability to make decisions could not be passed to a third party. The fact that her family wanted her wishes to be fulfilled would mean that her caregivers would have to do a poor job to lead her to die faster and that is not ethically allowed as they are required to give their best care. 2-idea The ethical issue that arises is that the family wanted to respect Margaret’s wishes, but the nursing home refused as they believe she still wants to eat. The family believes she does not. The nursing home reported when the spoon is lifted to Margaret’s mouth, she opens her mouth. The bioethicists have mixed reviews on the case as well. Are the Margaret who was compos mentis and the Margaret who is hungry and responding to a spoon to the mouth different? These bioethicists believe that the autonomy of Margaret with Alzheimer’s needed to be respected. On the other hand, others are questioning if Margaret has a reflex to having a spoon brought to her mouth. Is she just responding to the movement? “It is important to promote a culture of ethics in the daily professional practice, considering the codes as a compilation of laws or regulations that govern human relationships, assuring people their rights, but also listing their duties.”(Nunes da Silva et al., 2017). Both sides, the family and nursing home bring valuable evidence to the case. It’s hard to state what the answer actually is.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.