LDRS 303 – Strengths-Based Leadership Presentation
1. Reading Assignment:
a. Start by watching this 5-minute video introducing Marcus Buckingham and the strengths revolution http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBP82OuG7m4.
b. You can also go to https://www.gallup.com/cliftonstrengths/en/home.aspx. Click on the green rectangular button in the middle of the web page that says [WATCH VIDEO].
c. Additional videos are available at http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=marcus+buckingham%2c+playing+to+your+strengths&qpvt=Marcus+Buckingham%2c+Playing+to+your+strengths&FORM=VDRE
d. Read Rath & Conchie: Strengths-Based Leadership (pages 7 – 95 and the five additional resources related to your top 5 strengths)
e. The textbook is available in the library. Please see [Course Resources] in Moodle for instructions.
2. Review your Strengths Report from your previous assignment.
3. Review the Strengths Report of your teammates.
4. Strengths Presentation:
a. Think of the following topics:
· What did you learn about yourself?
· What are your 5-strengths?
· Talk about each strength individually: Brief definition of the theme.
· Strategies you use to leverage that strength to meet the four basic needs of your followers. (Hint: The four basic needs can be found on p. 22-26 of Rath and Conchie’s Strengths-Based Leadership.)
· How would you lead others who are also strong in that strength?
· Using those strengths as a reference, how will you strengthen your team and the people around you?
· What is the best way other people can work with you that will bring out the best in both of you (as well as others that may concern you)?
· Your team will produce a set of PowerPoints. Each team member will prepare three slides minimum (five maximum). Your slides must accompany notes at the bottom.
· 1 PowerPoint on your Personal Strength
· 1 PowerPoint on how you will improve your strength
· 1 PowerPoint explaining how you will work with each of your teammates.
· You have three minutes for your presentation.
· Please upload your report in [Assignment 5 – Strengths-Based Leadership Presentation] Dropbox on or before the due date in Moodle.
· Please note that late assignments will not be accepted and a grade of zero will be assigned.
My leadership strengths as a leader
My leadership strengths as a leader
A good leader needs to understand his/her leadership strengths and capitalize on them so that they can overshadow the weakness. Once you understand your leadership strengths, you can complete your leadership duties effectively. According to the test conducted to identify the key leadership strengths, I found consistency, emphatic, confidence, trustworthy, and selfless as my key leadership strengths.
Consistence is one of my leadership strengths. As a good leader, one need to be consistent whether things are going well. Things will not be always going as expected when one is a leader; there are some instances when things are good and a time when things are falling apart (Northouse, 2015). Therefore, I will use this strength to maintain demeanor, whether the situation is good or bad. This characteristic can be a source of motivation for those whom I lead.
The modern problems require modern skills and technologies. As a leader, one need to need to move with time in every aspect. This aspect describes futurists leadership strengths, which is one of my identified strengths. I have always sought to use my skills to find solutions to the problems when faced with different issues, and they have always worked. A leader I will ensure that I move with time. Also, I will always build skills and knowledge that will enable me to tackle problems that might occur in the process.
Discipline in leadership is another important aspect that needs to be examined. Most of the leaders who succeed in their functions as leaders are very disciplined. This aspect enables one to create control over what they are doing in life. One need to be disciplined with time and relationship with other. As a leader, will always have control over my virtues and also defend them when required to. This will earn me respect and trust from those whom I am leading. Also, I will always play a role in ensuring that my constituents observe high standards of discipline.
When one is entrusted with leadership, they are trusted that they will bring change that the constituent requires. They believe that one persona has the right skills, knowledge, and capabilities to achieve the best (Northouse, 2015). The trait is called maximizing skills and one of my skills that I will always employ leader. will always defy the limits posed by resources to achieve the best as a leader. I will fulfill the constituents ’needs will be fulfilled. Also, the working hard to achieve the best in an organization will enable me to motivate and be a role model to juniors.
Confidence is also another key aspect that enables one to do things they seem unachievable. This is the aspect that enable the leaders to respect of the constituents. Self-assurance is the term that describes this leadership trait. As my leadership trait, I will use self-assurance trait to motivate the constituents so that we can work together to achieve the most in every endeavor.
Being a leader involves many things which need a lot of wisdom and knowledge. These assets allow one to understand the people they are leading and find out ways to lead them effectively. It is important for one understand their strength as leaders and use them effectively to counter the weakness. I have identified my strengths and discuss ways I can use to strengthen my leadership.
Northouse, P. G. (2015). Leadership: Theory and practice (8th ed.). SAGE.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.