Jones Corporation switched from the LIFO method of costing inventories to the FIFO method at the beginning of 20X1. The LIFO inventory at the end of 20X0 would have been $80,000 higher using FIFO. Reported retained earnings at the end of 20X0 were $1,750,000. Jones’s tax rate is 21%.Tax law requires a company using LIFO for tax purposes to use it for financial reporting as well. So, when Jones changes from LIFO to FIFO, it will have to do the same for tax purposes. Further, Jones must recognize taxable income equal to the amount by which it increases the inventory valuation when it makes the change. As a result, Jones will pay tax on an additional $80,000 of taxable income in 20X1.Required:A.Calculate the balance in retained earnings at the time of the change (beginning of 20X1) as it would have been reported had FIFO been previously used.1. Retained earnings balance at January 1, 20X1, using LIFO?2. Increase cumulative pretax income through December 31, 20×0 using FIFO?3. Add income tax or Less income tax? amount of income tax?4. Increase cumulative net income through December 31, 20X0?5. Retained earnings balance at January 1, 20X1, using FIFO?B.Prepare the journal entry to record the change in accounting principle at the beginning of 20X1.1. Prepare the entry to record the change in inventory method.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.