Module 4 – CaseRESPONSIBILITY ACCOUNTING FOR COST, PROFIT AND INVESTMENT CENTERSAssignment OverviewReview the three components in the background material to answer the questions and make computations relating to responsibility accounting.Case AssignmentShort-Answer QuestionsWhat is the fundamental principle of responsibility accounting?List five important factors that should be considered in designing reports for a responsibility accounting system.How soon should accounting reports be prepared after the end of the performance measurement period? Explain.Name and describe three types of responsibility centers and list their main characteristics.Give five real-world examples of at least two of the types of responsibility centers.Many organizations limit the number of expense (cost) centers.What is the connection between the extent of decentralization and the investment center concept?Give some of the advantages of decentralization.Differentiate between a direct cost and an indirect cost of a segment. What happens to these categories if the segments to which they are related are eliminated?Part IIReal-World ExampleReview the background material and do some research to learn about organizations using responsibility centers as part of an organizational structure. Information can be found in the news, research papers, and on investment sites. Another option is to locate the financial statements for a company, make some assumptions, and prepare your own assessment of the organizational structure. Describe the situation and the results. Show computations when appropriate.Assignment ExpectationsPart IWrite 3–5 sentences for each question. Use Word and make a separate submission for this part.Part IIWrite an essay (300–500 words).
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.