need help on all
MATH 115 Quiz 1 Summer 2022
1) Graph the equation given: y = -1/3 x + 8
2) Use the graph to determine the function’s domain and range. Determine the intervals on which the function is increasing, decreasing, and constant.
Given functions f and g, perform the indicated operations.
3) f(x) = -3x + 9, g(x) = 5x – 4 Find f + g.
(f+g) + 9 – 5x – 4
4) f(x) = 5 + 11x, g(x) = 3x + 25 Find f – g.
5) f(x) = x – 12, g(x) = -2x – 17 Find f/g.
6) The function f(t) = -0.15t2 + 0.53t + 30.4 models the U.S. population in millions, ages 65 and older, where t represents years after 1990. The function g(t) = 0.56t2 + 12.6t + 105.6 models the total yearly cost of Medicare in billions of dollars, where t represents years after 1990. Find (g/f)(9).
7) A firm is considering a new product. The accounting department estimates that the total cost, C(x), of producing x units will be C(x) = 60x + 7870. The sales department estimates that the revenue, R(x), from selling x units will be R(x) = 70x, but that no more than 955 units can be sold at that price. Find and interpret (R – C)(753).
8) Find the distance and midpoint between the pair of points ( -2, 9) and ( 13, -5)
9) Two apartment tenants have a total of 600 feet of fencing to enclose a rectangular garden and subdivide into two smaller gardens, one for each of them, by placing the fencing parallel to one of the sides. Express the area of the entire garden, A, as a function of x. (bonus)
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.