Partisan objections and costs aside, there are significant changes I would propose to make the health care coverage the best it can be for US citizens. I would focus my efforts on improving accessibility and equity as a means for improving overall health outcomes. While the Affordable Care Act has created significant improvements in affordability through covered preventive care, there is still work to be done to ensure higher coverage rates of US citizens. This year, the number of uninsured Americans hit an all-time low of 8% but I believe there is room for improvement to make that number even smaller. Universal health care coverage and a single-payer system, despite objections, will ensure better coverage for our citizens.
In order to improve quality of care, accessibility to care, equity of care, and affordability of care, I would pursue the implementation of a single-payer system or universal healthcare coverage for all citizens regardless of income or employment status. The single-payer system will be funded primarily through premiums paid by tax dollars according to adjusted gross income rates. I know this is a hotly contested concept and to help mitigate concerns commonly voiced when proposing such a system, I would work to allow those who wish to pursue coverage privately or through their employers to continue to do so as they had previously. Whether select individuals choose to continue to access private healthcare coverage, all citizens will be enrolled by default into universal health coverage that is fully subsidized unless they specifically request not to be with proof of alternative coverage.
I strongly believe that universal health coverage will improve overall health outcomes and will create improvements in care access, affordability, equity, and continuity making our country and communities healthier overall. It will greatly reduce the rate of uninsured and underinsured citizens.
Creating a health coverage plan for US citizens is a large liability and duty- because there are multiple factors and opinions in the US that play into what is considered the “best” option for health coverage. Ideally, after comparing the healthcare systems around the world with the one in the United States, the system that has the best possibility of succeeding would be similar to Germany’s. The option of choice and freedom of autonomy must be a respected American custom, creating a public healthcare plan that covers all, but with the option of wealthier individuals being able to opt out to be treated out-of-pocket with preferred doctors and medical services or take private insurance. Health insurance should be mandatory to cover basic services and have additional benefits for dental, mental, optical, pharmaceuticals, and alternative therapies like there are in Germany. I like the idea that premiums should be based on income and include the option of maintaining healthcare for those without a job, to promote public health.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.