In research conducted by Jeffrey Jensen Arnett (2000), people in the Emerging Adulthood age category were asked if they felt that they had reached adulthood. Many responded saying “in some respects yes and in some respects no.” What criteria do you use in determining whether someone has reached adult status? What is the basis for your opinion? For example, are there specific milestones in the culture with which you identify that are required in order to reach adult status? What are your reasons for the criteria you put forth?
2. Arnett has also put forth that he believes there are 3 areas of identity exploration: love, work and worldviews. He argues that most identity exploration takes place during Emerging Adulthood (and NOT in adolescence). Do you agree? In each of these 3 areas (love, work, worldviews), is identity exploration greater in adolescence or in emerging adulthood? Upon what are you basing your opinions?
3. Erik Erikson believed that the challenge to be resolved during early adulthood was that of “intimacy vs. isolation.” Do you believe that this challenge can be resolved if someone does not have a “significant other” in their life? Why or why not?
4. Developmental psychologists/theorists tend to view the various stages of life to have specific “developmental tasks” to be accomplished by an individual in that stage of life. What do you believe are the developmental tasks that need to be accomplished in the Early Adulthood life stage?
has provided a thoughtful, thorough response to all questions.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeBelow Requirements
did not provide thoughtful, thorough responses to 1 of the questions posed.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeNeeds Improvement
who did not provide a thoughtful, thorough response to 2 or 3 of the questions posed.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.