The attached journal articles focus on the how positive team culture can correct the impact of lagging leadership creativity. Additionally, we discussed how digital transformation leaders in regard to artificial intelligence (AI). After reviewing the reading, please answer the following questions:
1. What is your definition of AI? Please explain.
2. What is your opinion of AI, is the technology currently available? Why or why not?
3. Please note at least four AI technologies, explain if they are truly AI or something else. Thoroughly explain your answer.
4. How is AI perceived as different in various industries and locations? Please explain.
1. The paper must be minimum 3 pages excluding title and references pages.
2. Include references of at least 5 peer reviewed papers supporting your case study.
3. The paper must comply APA Format and include a cover page, an introduction, a body with fully developed content, a conclusion and references.POSITIVE TEAM ATMOSPHERE MEDIATES THE IMPACT OF
AUTHENTIC LEADERSHIP ON SUBORDINATE CREATIVITY
HAO MENG, ZHI-CHAO CHENG, AND TIAN-CHAO GUO
We analyzed how authentic leadership (AL) predicts subordinate creativity, taking into
account the possible mediator of positive team atmosphere. Participants were 69 team
leaders and 335 team members working in enterprises in China. Subordinates reported their
perception of there being an atmosphere of team trust and psychological safety at work, in
addition to the AL of their supervisors, whereas supervisors rated employee creativity. The
main findings were as follows: (a) AL positively predicted employee creativity through the
mediators of both atmosphere of team trust and psychological safety; and (b) atmosphere of
team trust and psychological safety positively affected teams’ knowledge sharing and, in turn,
creativity. Our results enrich understanding of the processes through which AL improves
subordinates’ creativity. By promoting AL and a team atmosphere of trust and psychological
safety, organizations may enhance employees’ creative performance.
Keywords: authentic leadership, team atmosphere, trust, psychological safety, knowledge
Authentic leadership (AL), which was developed based on the fields
of sociology, leadership science, positive psychology, ethics, and positive
organizational behavior, is a leadership style that is associated with positive
psychological abilities and a positive ethical atmosphere. Luthans and Avolio
(2003) defined AL as a process that combines the positive psychological ability
of leaders with a high-functioning organizational context. AL is recognized as a
genuine, transparent, and morally positive leadership style that can be used to
SOCIAL BEHAVIOR AND PERSONALITY, 2016, 44(3), 355–368
© Society for Personality Research
Hao Meng, Zhi-Chao Cheng, and Tian-Chao Guo, School of Economics and Management, Beihang
Correspondence concerning this article should be addressed to: Hao Meng, School of Economics
and Management, Beihang University, No. 37 Xueyuan Road, Haidian District, Beijing City 100191,
People’s Republic of China. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
AUTHENTIC LEADERSHIP AND SUBORDINATE CREATIVITY356
promote effectively a positive attitude (e.g., job satisfaction) and behaviors (e.g.,
creativity) in subordinates (George, 2003; Luthans & Avolio, 2003).
Employee creativity refers to the capability of the staff to generate novel
and useful ideas (Amabile, 1988). In the era of the knowledge economy,
employee creativity is a significant source of innovation in enterprises. It can
not only enhance organizational effectiveness and survival but can also improve
competitive organizational advantage (Amabile, 1988). Therefore, in today’s
rapidly changing and highly competitive environment, an increasing number of
researchers and managers are realizi110
California Management Review
2019, Vol. 61(4) 110 –134
© The Regents of the
University of California 2019
Article reuse guidelines:
Special Issue on AI
What Digital transformation
leaDers Can teaCh You about
realistiC artifiCial intelligenCe
Jürgen Kai-Uwe Brock1 and Florian von Wangenheim2
Recent years have seen a reemergence of interest in artificial intelligence (AI) among
both managers and academics. Driven by technological advances and public interest,
AI is considered by some as an unprecedented revolutionary technology with the
potential to transform humanity. But, at this stage, managers are left with little
empirical advice on how to prepare and use AI in their firm’s operations. Based on
case studies and the results of two global surveys among senior managers across
industries, this article shows that AI is typically implemented and used with other
advanced digital technologies in firms’ digital transformation projects. The digital
transformation projects in which AI is deployed are mostly in support of firms’
existing businesses, thereby demystifying some of the transformative claims made
about AI. This article then presents a framework for successfully implementing AI in
the context of digital transformation, offering specific guidance in the areas of data,
intelligence, being grounded, integrated, teaming, agility, and leadership.
KeYwoRDS: artificial intelligence, polls and surveys, managers, management,
I n 2014, Dr. Julio Mayol wondered, “We have access to a vast quantity of data but it’s hard to extract meaningful information that helps us improve the quality of the care we provide.” Dr. Mayol, Medical Director and Director of Innovation at the Carlos Clinical Hospital in Madrid, Spain, founded in
1787, found the answer after consulting with an external group of technology advi-
sors: artificial intelligence (AI). About six months later, the innovation unit of the
hospital, under his leadership, embarked on a project to apply AI. Rather than opt-
ing for an off-the-shelf generic solution, the team worked closely with a technology
1Fujitsu, Tokyo, Japan
2ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
865226 CMRXXX10.1177/1536504219865226California Management ReviewDemystifying AI: What Digital Transformation Leaders Can Teach You
Demystifying AI: What Digital Transformation Leaders Can Teach You 111
provider of AI solutions and co-created an innovative new AI application tailored
to their specific needs. After one year, the system was ready for field testing. Six
months later, first results showed that the diagnostic and patient’s risks assessment
solution can cut the time in half for preliminary assessment of patient re
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.