Is there assistance available for Statistics and use of SPSS?PSYC 545
SPSS: Descriptive Statistics Assignment Instructions
The Grit Scale (Duckworth, Peterson, Matthews, & Kelly, 2007) is a 12-item measure of psychological “grit” or perseverance to a goal. According to the scoring instructions:
items 1, 4, 6, 9, 10, and 12 need to be reversed-scored prior to scoring. This means that the responses to those items must be flipped before computing a total score.
To create a total score, add up all the points and
divide by 12
. The maximum score on this scale is 5 (extremely gritty), and the lowest scale on this scale is 1 (not at all gritty).
12-Item Grit Scale
Directions for taking the Grit Scale: Please respond to the following 12 items. Be honest – there are no right or wrong answers!
Very much like me
Mostly like me
Somewhat like me
Not much like me
Not like me at all
1. I have overcome setbacks to conquer an important challenge.
2. New ideas and projects sometimes distract me from previous ones.
3. My interests change from year to year.
4. Setbacks don’t discourage me.
5. I have been obsessed with a certain idea or project for a short time but later lost interest.
6. I am a hard worker.
7. I often set a goal but later choose to pursue a different one.
8. I have difficulty maintaining my focus on projects that take more than a few months to complete.
9. I finish whatever I begin.
10. I have achieved a goal that took years of work.
11. I become interested in new pursuits every few months.
12. I am diligent.
The “PSYC545_Grit_Scale.sav” file contains data from 4,000+ respondents who completed the measure online. There are also several demographic variables in the data set and several other questions from the Big-Five Inventory (BFI; Goldberg, 1992), a measure of personality constructs. This will become relevant in a future assignment.
All item responses are in their “raw” form meaning they have not been scored yet. Your job is to describe the sample demographically, reverse-score the appropriate respondent’s Grit Scale answers, and calculate a total Grit score for a descriptive analysis.
For this assignment, you will:
Create three (3) tables and three (3) figures displaying three demographic variables. Choose three demographic variables and generate the appropriate figure for each. Be sure to copy your graph to Word and create an APA-formatted figure statement. Be sure to also create an APA-formatted table that displays the frequency or descriptive statistics (e.g., mean, standard deviation, etc.), whichever is more appropriate,
of each demographic variable.
Reverse-score the appropriate Grit Scale items. This means that items GS1, GS4, GS6, GS9, GS10, and GS12 will have the “1” recoded to “5”, “4” recoded to “2”, etc.
This is so that higher scores mean higher levels of grit.
Use the naming convention for reversDESCRIPTIVE STATISTICS 1
DESCRIPTIVE STATISTICS 2
SPSS: Descriptive Statistics Assignment
Liberty U. Student
Department of Psychology, Liberty University
Correspondance concerning this assignment should be addressed to Liberty U. Student, 1971 Univeristy Blvd., Lynchburg, VA 24515. Email: [email protected]
SPSS: Descriptive Statistics Assignment
Table 1 Comment by Swain, Matthew Stephen (Psychology): In this sample assignment, only one variable is described. For SPSS Assignment 1, you will present a table and graph for THREE variables. Be sure to consider whether the variable is categorical or continuous. For one, you will report frequencies/percentages and for the other you will report measures of central tendency and variability (mean, median, mode, standard deviation, variance, and range).
The type of variable you choose (categorical or continuous) also will impact the type of graph you will choose to present (pie/bar graph or histogram).
You will also describe the total score on the variable we are focused on (Grit). You will only need to include a figure of the distribution but descriptive statistics are required in the summary.
Percentage of Male and Female Participants
The present sample comprised ### of college students from a private university in the southeastern United States. (#%) of the students were males, and (#%) females. Students were primarily… (give the appropriate descriptor information with %’s or whatever fits the variables you choose to analyze). These data inform us that we are focused on … population.
Total scores on the Grit Scale had a mean of XX.X and a standard deviation of XX.X for this sample. Based on the skewness and kurtosis values of XX.X and XX.X, respectively, the distribution is…
Percentages Male Female 18.2 3.2
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.