The great military and political leader, Charlemagne (or King Charles in The Song of Roland), was crowned “Holy Roman Emperor” by the Pope on Christmas Day in 800 A.D. This crowning symbolized the ideal of consolidated—or fused—institutions of politics and Christianity. Charlemagne’s consolidation of central Europe at that time, indeed, came to be synonymous with Christendom—a geo-political and religious empire. The Song of Roland suggests an idea that grows into an important element in the notion of Christendom through the ensuing centuries of the Middle Ages (and beyond): the concept of a divinely-sanctioned military mission of conquest and expansionism. In other words, God–and the power of his will and force–is very much on Charlemagne’s side. Discuss how The Song of Roland suggests this. You may wish to consider the text of the following lais (section) #’s 79, 89, 92, 113, 126, 140, 166, 179, 183, and 291.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.