The preliminary draft of the balance sheet at the end of the current fiscal year for Eagle Industries follows. The statement will be incorporated into the annual report to stockholders and will present the dollar amounts at the end of both the current and prior years on a comparative basis. The accounts in the statement are properly classified, and the dollar amounts have been determined in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. The company does not intend to provide any more detailed information in the body of the statement.Balance Sheet as of December 31, 20X1($ in millions) Assets Current assets Cash $13.4 Short-term investments 6.8 Accounts receivable (net) 113.0 Inventories 228.0 Prepayments and other 4.8 Total current assets 366.0 Investments in equity securities (available for sale) 55.2 Property, plant, and equipment (net) 787.1 Total assets $1,208.3 Liabilities and Stockholders’ Equity Current liabilities Current maturities on long-term debt $36.3 Notes payable 79.5 Accounts payable 139.8 Accrued taxes 42.3 Accrued interest 11.0 Other 4.4 Total current liabilities 313.3 Long-term liabilities 477.2 Total liabilities 790.5 Stockholders’ equity Preferred stock 30.0 Common stock 77.0 Additional paid-in capital on common stock 65.4 Retained earnings—appropriated 40.8 Retained earnings—unappropriated 204.6 Total stockholders’ equity 417.8 Total liabilities and stockholders’ equity $1,208.3 Required:Identify the accounts that most likely would require further disclosure in the notes to the financial statements and describe what information would have to be disclosed in those notes by Eagle Industries before the statement can be included as part of the annual report for presentation to its stockholders?
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.