Unit II ProjectInstructionsCookie BusinessIn this project, you will be opening your own specialty cookie company to see how product costing methods and changes in production affect business decisions. You will be creating a series of reports and analyzing the results using the template provided to guide you through the project. The learning objectives of this project are as follows: Gain an understanding of product costing (direct materials, direct labor, and overhead).Review job order costing.Review process costing.Make business decisions based on analyzing accounting data.You will prepare a four- to five-page written report (including spreadsheets) with at least two scholarly sources using the Unit II Project Template . Your report will provide the following information: Introduction Part 1: Establish a cookie business selling only one type of specialty cookie with two employees making the cookies. Create a name and establish a location for the business.Construct a mission statement for the business.Decide on the type of cookie you want to make and sell.Part 2: Develop costing and sales information for 1,000 cookies. Estimate and explain the cost per cookie based on job order costing (manufacturing overhead is 30% of direct labor costs). Prepare a job order cost sheet by researching and identifying the top five ingredients and their estimated costs as your direct materials. Research and identify the cost of wages for your two employees as your direct labor. It typically takes two days to make 1,000 cookies.Estimate and explain the cost per cookie based on process costing with 40% conversion costs. Identify the top three processes you feel are needed to make the cookies and prepare a production cost sheet for one of those processes.Estimate and explain the sales price you plan to set per cookie based on the cost data.Part 3: Compare and contrast the costing methods used in this project, including which you believe provides the most useful information as a manager. Part 4: Discuss what will happen to revenue if the number of the cookies sold increases or decreases. Conclusion and Recommendations Use the Unit II Cookie Project Spreadsheet Templates for your job order, and process costing spreadsheets to be embedded in your case study document. Be sure to use APA formatting throughout and reach out to the Writing Center or the Library for assistance with research, writing, and formatting. Include at least two resources from the CSU Online Library in your report.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.